Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our Summer in Breckenridge, Colorado





We spent 5 weeks this summer in Breckenridge, Co. at my parents' house - thanks Dad and Susan! Let me rephrase that.....the kids and I spent 5 weeks there, and Marcelo had to come back and forth when he could get away from work. We love him for letting us go - what an awesome husband and Dad he is to give us up for so long!

The weather was fantastic - low 70's in the day, high 40's-low 50's at night. It was a wonderful change from the Texas summer heat! Even though I was recovering from my double hernia surgery, I managed to get out and about more than I thought I would. No hiking 14ers for me this summer though! We did do some smaller hikes, camping, rafting, kayaking, biking, and fishing. The kids got to play in the snow a bit when we hiked high enough. It is pretty cool for kids from Texas to see snow in July! We visited a few new places in Colorado such as Glenwood Springs to visit the caves, hot springs, and raft as well as visiting some places in Denver and Boulder. It was a fantastic summer. We all cried when we had to come home. Now if we could only talk Marcelo into commuting full time......

No comments: