Monday, October 27, 2008

Vegas Baby!!!!


So my wonderful husband took me to Vegas for my 35th birthday. We stayed at the Bellagio for the first time - it was spectacular! Then he surprised me with tickets to Elton John the night of my birthday. This was such a cool show. I highly recommend it. We knew every song and he is such a showman. I will never again hear an Elton John song and not think of the wonderful weekend we had. We hung out by the pool, played a lot of blackjack, slept, ate at a few buffets, and played some more blackjack. We even came home ahead which is always nice! We have had a series on marriage at church for the last month or so. One of the things our pastor always talks about it taking care of your marriage so that you can be good parents. My husband certainly treated me to a wonderful grownups weekend that I will always treasure and cherish. I think we both came home refreshed, relaxed, and really connected. He is so awesome to plan alone time for us since we really spend most of our free time doing kid stuff.


While we were gone my parents took care of the kids for the weekend. This was no easy feat with the kids regular schedule. However, this weekend the boys played in a double elimination baseball tournament out in Spring. They ended up playing in the championship game, after coming into match play 0-3. That is extremely tough to do! My parents and Emma sat through 4 games in a row on Sunday - WOW! We were truly sad to miss out on it, but the boys were SO excited that Nana and PawPaw got to see them win a trophy. PawPaw was great and texted us updates so we knew what was going on. They ended up losing their last game and coming in 2nd. But, they got their trophy so they are happy! What a blessing we all have in my parents - they are truly awesome with the kids and they all enjoy each other so much. On another note, Emma is getting really excited for her role in the Nutcracker. They have finished learning all of their part and are now rehearsing and refining it. She is going to be so beautiful and we are all counting the days until we get to see her dance.

No comments: